GSMA says 71% of Nigerians have no regular access to mobile internet 

Groupe Special Mobile Association (GSMA), the umbrella body of mobile operators globally, has said that only 29% of Nigerians have regular access to mobile internet, leaving out 71%.

The body disclosed this in its Digital Economy Report focusing on Nigeria. According to the report, this is due to several industry challenges limiting telecom coverage expansion.

The GSMA noted that Nigeria would need to put in place an enabling policy and regulatory framework that will be critical to realizing the full potential of the country’s digital transformation, as recognized in the country’s Strategic Plan 2023 – 2027 as well as the Federal Ministry of Communication’s National Broadband Alliance for Nigeria (NBAN).

Read more at Nairametrics

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *